The Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS) scheme, introduced in 1991, is an education subsidy for Malay students to cover their tuition fees at tertiary institutions. The Government, together with Yayasan Mendaki, has revised the income eligibility criteria for the scheme to benefit more Malay students in tertiary institutions to ensure that students in financially challenged families are not denied access to higher education, while cultivating the spirit of self-reliance in more well-to-do families. The new criteria will take effect from the academic year (AY2012).
Who is eligible?
- Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident Malay students.
- Monthly household Per Capita Income (PCI) does not exceed S$1,500.
- Students receiving MOE Tuition Grant and pursing their first full time degree.
- 100% of MOE subsidized tuition fee payable by Singaporean student if PCI is S$1,000 and below.
- 75% of MOE subsidized tuition fee payable by Singaporean student if PCI is between S$1,001 to S$1,200.
- 50% of MOE subsidized tuition fee payable by Singaporean student if PCI is between S$1,201 to S$1,500.
How to apply
Download a copy of the form from Mendaki website and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid during the application period.
For existing students who would like Mendaki to review their subsidy amount, you will need to reapply again. Existing students who are receiving 100% subsidy need not reapply for the subsidy.
Application period for AY2013-14:
Applications after this deadline are to be submitted directly to Yayasan Mendaki at 51 Kee Sun Avenue Singapore 457056.
More information on other financial assistance offered by Yayasan Mendaki is available at http://www.mendaki.org.sg/