The NTU Study Loan (PT) is open to Singaporean part-time undergraduates who require assistance to finance their tuition fee.
Who is eligible?
Gross income of family members in household
Total number of family members in household
Gross income refers to amount before deduction of CPF. It includes allowances, overtime, commissions etc.
- One guarantor.
- Guarantor must be aged 21 - 60 years and not a bankrupt.
- Person who is also a loan applicant should not stand in as a guarantor for another loan applicant.
- A person must not stand in as a guarantor for more than two loans.
- A student of Nanyang Technological University who satisfies (2) and (3) may also act as a guarantor. However, a student who is holding Tuition Fee Loan / loan from CPF Education Scheme or any other form of loan should not stand as a guarantor.
- Interest free during studies.
- Loan is interest-free up to 5 years after graduation if PCI <= S$500. Otherwise, the loan will be interest bearing after graduation.
- Interest rate will be based on the average prime lending rate of the three local banks (DBS, OCBC and UOB).
Commences 6 months after graduation or securing employment, whichever is earlier.
- Up to 5 years (if loan is interest waived) or
- Up to 20 years (if loan is interest bearing).
How to apply
- Please click here for Application form.
- Freshmen, please apply only after you have matriculated online.
- You need only apply once for this loan to cover you for the entire duration of your programme in NTU.
- Submit supporting documents and Document Checklist.
- Outcome of your application will be informed to you via your NTU student email account by end September 2012.
- After you have accepted the offer, Finance Office will contact you to arrange an appointment for you and your guarantor to sign the loan agreement in their office.
- The Study loan fund will only be released by the Finance Office after the Loan Agreement is duly signed by both yourself and the guarantor.
Application for AY2012-13:
Existing students and AY2012-13 Freshmen (Singapore citizens only) :
- 1 August 2012 – 15 August 2012
For freshmen, please apply only after you have matriculated online.