The Personal Computer Loan is an interest free loan given to financial needy full-time undergraduates to fund their laptop/desktop purchases from the current vendors of the NTU student notebook/PC tender that is in force.
Who is eligible?
- Loan application is subject to approval and availability of loan funds.
- Open to full-time undergraduates whose monthly household Per Capita Income (PCI) is less than or equal to S$1,700.
- Each student is eligible for only ONE loan during his/her programme of study at the University.
Gross income of family members in household
Total number of family members in household
Gross income refers to amount before deduction of CPF. It includes allowances, overtime, commissions etc.
S$1,500 or cost of the PC, whichever is lower.
- Guarantor must be aged 21 - 60 years and not a bankrupt.
- A loan applicant who is a:
- Singaporean student to provide a Singaporean guarantor
- SPR and International students to provide a Singaporean/SPR guarantor.
- A Person should not stand in as a guarantor for more than 2 loans.
- A student of Nanyang Technological University who satisfies (1), (2) and (3) may also act as a guarantor. However, a student who is in the process of applying or holding Tuition Fee Loan / loan from CPF Education Scheme or any other form of loan should not stand as a guarantor.
- The guarantor must be present at Eight Flags Computer Shop to sign the Loan Agreement together with the applicant.
- Commences from the first day of the third month upon graduation.
- Repayment by lump sum or monthly instalments of such amounts and within such period as the University shall determine, such period not to exceed two (2) years from the month of the release of the final exam result slip.
- Upon withdrawal or termination from programme of studies, loan shall be immediately due and payable.
PC models available
- The loan must be used to purchase any model of computers from the current vendors of the NTU student notebook/PC tender that is in force.
- Models of computers available
How to apply
- NTU students, please login to StudentLink for application.
- NIE students, please login to NIE StudentLink for application.
- Submit supporting documents.
- Application workflow:
- Access StudentLink to complete the loan application form.
- Submit the online loan application form, and forward all the necessary supporting documents in person to Office of Admissions & Financial Aid (OAFA) within 7 calendar days of your application submission. (The Office of Admissions & Financial Aid is located at Student Services Centre, Level 2. Operating hrs: 8.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
- Receive an email notification from OAFA on your loan outcome within 2 weeks of our receipt of all necessary supporting documents. If your loan is approved, proceed to accept the loan offer online, select your PC model and select an appointment date to sign the Loan Agreement with your guarantor at Eight Flags Computer Shop.
- Go down to Eight Flags with your guarantor on the scheduled appointment date with the necessary ID docs (NRIC/passport) to sign the Loan Agreement.
- Once the loan agreement is signed, you will receive an email notification to acknowledge the signing. Access the link provided in your email notification to acknowledge the loan agreement signing and print out the collection slip for your PC.
- Eight Flags will contact you via phone or SMS to inform you of your PC collection date.
- Bring the collection slip and matriculation card to Eight Flags to collect your PC. (You should be able to collect your PC within 2 weeks after the signing of the loan agreement).
- Reschedule appointment date or change PC model after accepting loan offer but before signing loan agreement
- If you are unable to keep to the scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your appointment through StudentLink.
- You may change your PC model through StudentLink.
- Change guarantor details, or withdraw application after accepting loan offer but before signing loan agreement
- Email OAFA at Finaid@ntu.edu.sg with your request for consideration.
- Change guarantor details or PC model, or cancel loan after signing loan agreement but before collection of PC
- Approach Eight Flags to have your loan agreement invalidated.
- Prepare a short note on reason(s) for invalidating your loan agreement, and submit both the note and invalidated agreement in person to OAFA at Student Services Centre, Level 2) for consideration.
AY2012-2013: 1 August 2012 - 7 September 2012
Terms and conditions
- The computer shall be used solely by the Student.
- The Student shall not lend, hire or in any way part with the possession of the computer to any person.
- The Student shall not sell or in any way dispose of the computer during the currency of the Loan without the University's prior written permission which permission may be given subject to such conditions as the University shall impose including that the Loan is to be repaid in full immediately before such permission is given by the University PROVIDED ALWAYS that the Loan must be repaid in full before the Student sells/disposes of or in any way parts possession with the computer.
- Actual purchase of the computer must be made after approval of loan.
- Please call Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at 67904115 or Eight Flags Computer Shop located near canteen B at 6793 5911.