The PSEA scheme is administered by the Ministry of Education (MOE) which allows students to utilize the funds in their own and/or their siblings' PSEA accounts for the payment of tuition fee, compulsory miscellaneous fees, compulsory hostel fees (late fees are excluded) as well as course fees for enrichment programmes approved by the University.
Who is eligible?
Full-time and Part-time undergraduates who have a PSEA account. The PSEA scheme also allows students to utilitze their siblings’ PSEA funds for the payment of their tuition fees and miscellaneous fees.
For students who are using both PSEA and/or CPF savings and/or Tuition Fee Loan and/or Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (Mendaki TTFS) to settle their tuition/miscellaneous fees, the priority of payment will be as follows:
- Disbursement of Mendaki TTFS funds from Yayasan Mendaki (if applicable)
- Disbursement of PSEA funds from MOE (if applicable)
- Disbursement of CPF funds from CPF Board under the CPF Education Scheme (if applicable)
- Disbursement from bank under Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) (if applicable)
- GIRO deduction from students' own funds/others
- The total disbursements from PSEA/CPF/TFL/Mendaki TTFS shall not exceed the amount of tuition and miscellaneous fees payable by students
How to apply?
FOR PAYMENT OF BOTH TUITION FEES & COMPULSORY MISCELLANEOUS FEES (ON-GOING PAYMENTS)
For ongoing withdrawal of PSEA fund to pay for BOTH tuition fees and miscellaneous fees, a Standing Order (SO) has to be established with MOE.
Once the SO is established with MOE, funds equivalent to your total tuition and miscellaneous fees or your available PSEA funds (whichever is lower) will be automatically withdrawn each semester. (Example: If you have $4000 in PSEA funds and your semester’s tuition and misc fees are $3300, a total of $3300 will be withdrawn from the PSEA account).
If you intend to use the PSEA funds for the payment of your miscellaneous fees only (and not your tuition fees), please complete the PSEA Adhoc Withdrawal form provided below. (DO NOT complete the Standing Order form).
Click here to download the SO form and submit it in person / mail to One Stop @ SAC (opposite OCBC Bank), NS3-01-03, North Academic Complex, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798 during the application period.
MOE will inform students of the application outcome. A monthly Transaction Statement will be sent to the account holder if there are PSEA contributions, withdrawal or refund transactions in the previous month.
FOR PAYMENT OF MISCELLANEOUS FEES/TUITION FEES/COMPULSORY HOSTEL FEES (ONE TIME PAYMENT)
PSEA Ad Hoc Withdrawal is a one-time withdrawal to pay for tuition fee, miscellaneous fee* or compulsory hostel fees** for any one particular semester. One application form is to be submitted for each specific withdrawal.
Note: If you are already on the CPF Education scheme and applied for adhoc use of the PSEA funds for the payment of your tuition fees, please note that you will incur the CPF withdrawal fee unless you are successful in revoking your CPF Education scheme before CPF Board carries out the withdrawal for the affected semester. Please consult the Board’s for more details. CPF website: http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Gen-Info/Features/CPFEdn_Scheme.htm
- Please indicate in the application form the usage category and exact amount.
- Clearly indicate the semester and academic year you are paying in the application form.
Click here to download the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form and submit in person / mail to One Stop @ SAC (opposite OCBC Bank), NS3-01-03, North Academic Complex, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798 during the application period.
*Click here to view the miscellaneous fees payable for Singaporean students.
**Applicable only to REP students staying in hostel.
You may check with MOE, 3 - 4 weeks after the submission of your completed application form on the amount of funds withdrawn from your PSEA Account. If MOE informs us that your application is rejected, we will let you know via email.
FOR PAYMENT OF FEES FOR ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME (ONE TIME PAYMENT)
To withdraw PSEA funds for your enrichment programme, the programme must be approved and endorsed by the university to be relevant to the course the student is pursuing. The PSEA fund cannot be withdrawn for Student Club activities.
After completion of your programme: Please submit the documents listed below in person/mail to One Stop @ SAC (opposite OCBC Bank), NS3-01-03, North Academic Complex, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798 within TWO months from the completion of the programme.
- PSEA Adhoc Withdrawal Form. Click here to download the form. (Indicate in the application form the usage category and exact amount to be withdrawn. The amount to be withdrawn must be based on the actual charges/expenses incurred during the programme.)
- Copies of original invoices/receipts showing the actual cost/expenses incurred
- Copy of document (letter/email) from an NTU faculty/department staff indicating his endorsement/support of the programme.
You may check with MOE 3 - 4 weeks after the submission of your completed application form on the amount of funds withdrawn from your PSEA account. If MOE informs us that your application is rejected, we will let you know via email.