The Work Study Scheme is designed to encourage students who need financial assistance to be self-reliant. Through this scheme, students will also gain valuable experience before they enter the workforce.
- All full time undergraduates are eligible to work part-time on campus
- Students who are on industrial attachment / professional attachment / professional internship / practicum are not allowed to work part time.
Maximum Hours allowed
Term Time: Students are allowed to work for a maximum of 14 hours per week.
Vacation Time: Students are allowed to work for a maximum of 9 hours in one day or 44 hours in one week.
How to apply
- Go to: StudentLink > Financial Assistance > Work Study Scheme.
- View the list of part time jobs available on campus.
- If interested in the jobs posted on the Work Study Scheme Online System, students are to approach the relevant departments offering the job vacancies to enquire further about the job and/or arrange for an interview. The person to contact/email is provided in the job posting.
- Students are exempted from CPF contributions.
- Students are required to submit their claims via Part Time Work-Student Assistants Claims” online system within 2 months from the date work was done (i.e. to submit claims by 30 Nov 2010 for the work done on 1 Oct 2010).
- Undergraduate students looking for part-time jobs outside campus may refer to Student Affairs Offices for more details.
- Post-graduate students looking for part-time jobs on or outside campus may refer to the International Student Centre for more details.