Admission to AY2017-18 Undergraduate Programmes
You are offering the Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level Examination in the English medium and must have obtained all of the following:
- At least two passes in subjects at H2 level and attempted General Paper (GP) or Knowledge & Inquiry (KI) in the same sitting;
- Meet one of the following Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement:
- A minimum of 'S' grade in H1 MTL or General Studies in Chinese or H2 Mother Tongue Language & Literature (MTLL) taken at 'A' level
- Pass in MTL ‘B’ syllabus taken at ‘A’ level
- A minimum of D7 in Higher MTL taken at 'O' level
A Mother Tongue subject (Chinese/Malay/Tamil) taken at a separate sitting of the GCE 'A' level examination is acceptable for purpose of admission. H1 non-Tamil Indian Language (Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu) or H1 Foreign Language (French, German, Japanese) may be taken in lieu of MTL.
Candidates who do not satisfy the MTL requirement may still submit an application for admission. If selected, he/she will be admitted on a provisional basis. During their course of study, they will be required to meet the minimum MTL requirement before they are allowed to graduate.
Minimum Subject Requirements
To be eligible for a programme, students must satisfy its subject requirement. Check the
minimum subject requirements of the programme you wish to apply.
Computation of University Score
In computing the University Score, the University will take into consideration the following:
- General Paper (GP) or Knowledge & Inquiry (KI)
- Project Work
- Best four content-based subjects (i.e. 3 H2 and 1 H1 content-based subjects, of which one must be a contrasting subject. Students may take KI in lieu of GP. KI is considered a H2 subject and can be considered as a contrasting subject to both Arts and Science. Students who take KI need not take a H1 content-based subject. Possible subject combinations and subjects to be counted in the University Score are given
A H1 subject will be counted as half of a H2 in terms of points computation.
MTL may be included in the computation of the University Score. The better of the two scores (i.e. with and without MTL) will be the University Score of the candidate.
SAT is not required for applicants presenting A-level certificates.
If your subject combination is beyond the norm, please click
here for more details.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not indicate that the applicant can be admitted as admission to the University is based on open competition.
H3 programmes will not be considered in the computation of the University Score. Candidates who have taken H3 programmes may be considered for admission under
Some programmes require additional assessment such as selection test, interview, or portfolios on top of academic results. The details are available
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the
special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
Discretionary Admissions (DA) [back to top]
Applicants with exception talents and/or outstanding achievements beyond schools’ co-curricular activities can be considered, subject to a minimum level of academic competence, for admissions under Discretionary Admissions (DA). To qualify, applicants must provide details on their achievements, an essay of not more than 300 words under the DA section of the application form and submit at least 1 (maximum 2) appraisal online to support their applications by the stipulated deadline. Shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview and present relevant supporting documents for verification.
To learn more about Discretionary Admissions, click
Candidates who are at least 25 years of age with at least 4 years of working experience (after graduation from Junior College) as at 1st July of the admission year may apply for admission as Mature Applicants.
To qualify as a mature applicant, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Tuition Grant (TG) Eligibility for Current or Former Students of NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, Poly-FSI, SIT, NAFA-RCM and LASALLE-Goldsmiths
Under the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) TG policy, subsidised full-time undergraduate students who transfer or re-admit within or across NTU (Nanyang Technological University), NUS (National University of Singapore), SMU (Singapore Management University), SUTD (Singapore University of Technology & Design), Poly-FSI (Polytechnic-Foreign Specialised Institution), SIT (Singapore Institute of Technology), NAFA-RCM (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts-Royal College of Music) or LASALLE-Goldsmiths (LASALLE College of the Arts-Goldsmiths College) are eligible for TG up to the normal programme duration for the new programme less the number of semesters of TG received for the previous programmes. E.g. a student who has availed 2 semesters of TG in his previous programme is therefore eligible for 4 semesters of TG (starting from Semester 1) for his new programme with a normal duration of 6 semesters.
Students who hold/obtain a degree or higher qualification through subsidy or sponsorship by the Singapore Government will NOT be eligible for TG to pursue a second programme of the same or lower level.
Learn more about
[back to top]
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit application form
- Step 2: Pay application fee
- Step 3: Submit supporting documents
- Step 4: Update/track progress of application
Step 1: Submit application form
Application to undergraduate programmes is done online by submitting an electronic application form during application period. You are required to submit only one (1) electronic application form.
There is no hard-copy application form.
Implied choice scheme. Applicants choosing any programme with a second major will also be considered for its corresponding programme with no second major, in a manner succeeding any of the 1st to 5th choices if selected in the application form, and if they have not been earlier selected as one of the five choices. For example, an applicant indicated 1st choice Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering with a second major in Food Science & Technology, 2nd choice Mechanical Engineering and no other choices; he will be considered for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering with a second major in Food Science & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, followed by Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. If the applicant wishes to be considered Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering over Mechanical Engineering, he should therefore indicate Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering as a second choice. To find out more about this new scheme, click
Your online application has been submitted successfully if
- an Application Status Menu showing your application number and summary of application items required to be completed by you is generated, and
- an acknowledgment of your application is forwarded to the email address(es) you have provided in the online application form. Please provide a valid email address as your application outcome will be notified through email. You are strongly encouraged to add
firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted email address to avoid our emails going to the junk folder. For Hotmail account users, click
here for the steps.
Take note of the unique application number assigned to you and keep the acknowledgement message as proof of application.
At the Application Status Menu, you may proceed to complete the application items required. You will be able to access and view the same page again and continue to complete the necessary items via the Check Status link above using your application number and password. Applicants who wish to apply for Scholarships may proceed to submit an application via the Application Status Menu.
Applicants selecting Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices are also required to submit the online
"application for teacher form" to MOE.
Please note that your application cannot be processed until the application fee and required supporting documents are received within the stipulated deadlines.
To apply, click on the Apply Now link located at the beginning of the page.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee [back to top]
Application Fee is S$10. Payment can be made using one of the following methods:
- Internet Payment by VISA or MasterCard at the Application Status Menu
- Via DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore
- Via cashier's order/bank draft made payable to 'Nanyang Technological University' and mailed to
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Read the payment instructions available at the Application Status Menu and decide on your preferred and appropriate payment option. Learn more about the
payment modes and instructions.
To understand how to generate Bill Reference Number for payment via DBS/POSB ATM, please click
here for the screenshots.
Step 3: Submit Supporting Documents [back to top]
The documents required for submission (if applicable) can be found in the Checklist after application.
If there is/are no link(s) provided for you to upload the relevant documents, this means you are not required to submit any documents for verifications at the moment. If we require more information from you, we will contact you via email or your contact number.
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the
uploading feature (except for the additional documents required for the Art, Design & Media (ADM) programme) as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application.
To upload your documents (if applicable) to the Checklist, please take note of the following:
- Ensure that the documents are scanned in its original colors and in upright orientation.
- Ensure that the scanned files are in JPEG or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item. Each upload should not exceed 5 MB.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Submission of documents must be completed by the stipulated deadlines. Only complete applications will be processed.
- You will not need to mail your documents after uploading them. Submission through email is not acceptable.
- If you encounter any issues uploading your file (s) while using the Internet Explorer browser, you may wish to use other browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.
Additional Submission Package for Art, Design & Media Programme:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your programme choices. The additional submission package for ADM must reach us by the
stipulated deadline. Online uploading is not applicable. Work sent by email attachment is not acceptable.
here for the instructions of the submission package and details of the Document Drop box located at Level 1, Student Services Centre (next to SASD Lobby).
Please refer to the NTU
School of Art, Design & Media website for the requirements for submission of ADM package.
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme:
Applicants who have chosen Medicine as their choice will be required to complete their application and
upload the additional supporting documents required by the programme at the Application Status Menu (via the
Check Status link). (See Step 4 Item 10 below for more information.)
Step 4: Update/Track Progress of Application
By accessing or re-login to the Application Status Menu (via the
Check Status link) you can:
- Pay your application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents (where applicable).
- View and Check your application fee payment status and supporting documents submission status.
- View and Make Changes to your programme choices before the application closing date.
- View your contact information. For changes in contact information, please update us via email to email@example.com. It is important you update/inform any changes in your contact information for proper communication with the University.
- Update or Submit (if you have not applied earlier) your Non-Academic Achievements/Discretionary Criteria admissions application before closing date.
- Update or Submit (if you have not applied earlier) scholarship application before closing date.
For mature applicants only: View and Check your personal statement and referee reports submission status.
For applicants who have chosen Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices: Submit the online application for teacher form to MOE before closing date.
For applicants who have chosen Medicine as one of their choices: Complete application for the LKCMedicine programme by
Revising/Confirming BMAT Number and Personal Statement
Completing two online Reference Reports
Performing Criminal Records Declaration
Note: If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April 2017.Check your application outcome/status online.
Offer & Acceptance [back to top]
If you are offered admission, you may proceed to accept and secure your offer via the
acceptance portal by the stipulated deadline.
If you are not offered admission or your choice of programme, you may make an appeal during the online appeal exercise. If successful, proceed to accept the offer with the instruction given.
After Acceptance [back to top]
If you have accepted the offer and are matriculating in the Academic Year 2017-18, you will receive from mid June an email directing you to the freshmen portal which contains detailed information on enrolment. Please proceed to complete from mid June the enrolment procedures as displayed on the NTU Online Acceptance Form.
You are to refer to the detailed instructions and procedures, and make use of the forms provided in the
Note to successful applicants (Singaporean & Singpore Permanent Residents serving
full-time national service) matriculating only after the Academic Year 2017-18: [back to top]
If you are matriculating only after Academic Year 2017-18, you will receive an acknowledgement letter in September/October (of the year of application) for the programme you have accepted.
Keep the letter as proof of acceptance and remember your application number for future correspondence. A confirmation letter will be sent to you subsequently via email in
DECEMBER prior to the year of your matriculation. Please email to
firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting your application number) if there is a change in your mailing address, email address and telephone number(s).
Note to Returning National Servicemen (RNS) with a place reserved for Academic Year 2017-18:
here to find out medical examination information for your admission to AY2017-18. If you are unable to matriculate in AY2017-18, download the Form for Returning National Servicemen, complete and return it to us by the stipulated date.
If you have completed your full-time National Service and wish to matriculate earlier during the Special Term in May/June 2017, please click
Important Dates and Deadlines to Note: [back to top]
|Application for Admission||Online Application|
Day of A-level results release - 19 March 2017
|Change of programme choices|
by 19 March 2017
|Payment of application fee|
by 22 March 2017
|Submission of Art, Design & Media (ADM) assignments|
by 19 March 2017
|Online application for teacher form to MOE (only applicable to applicants selecting Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices)|
by 19 March 2017
|Submission of Non-Academic Achievements/Discretionary Criteria appraisal form|
by 22 March 2017
|Online submission of supporting documents|
by 22 March 2017
|Submission of personal statement and 2 referee reports (for mature applicants only)|
by 22 March 2017
|Completion of Application for LKCMedicine programme|
1. Update/Submission of Personal Statement
2. Criminal Records Declaration
3. Submission of two Online Reference Reports
1. by 19 March 2017
2. by 19 March 2017
3. by 22 March 2017
|Scholarship Application||Online Application|
by 19 March 2017
|Submission of photograph and appraisal form|
by 26 March 2017
|Offer and Acceptance||Offer/Release of application result|
from early April 2017
|Acceptance of offer (1st Window)|
2 January – 25 May 2017
|Online appeal of application result|
13 May – 28 May 2017
|Acceptance of offer (2nd Window)|
3 June – 18 June 2017
|After Acceptance||Online Matriculation|
here for details
|Qualifying English Test (QET)|
here for details
|Freshmen Welcome Ceremony|
here for details
For admissions matters and enquiries, please email
Click here for
FAQs on Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level Qualification.