Admission to AY2013-14 Undergraduate Programmes
You are offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and will have completed at least 12 years of general education in the year of admission.
Students in their final year of study or those sitting for the May 2013 IB Examination may submit their applications before closing date and provide actual IB Diploma results when they are released.
Minimum Subject Requirements
To be eligible for a programme, students must satisfy its subject requirement. Check the minimum subject requirements of the programme you wish to apply.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
The University recognises students with exceptional talents and outstanding achievements for discretionary admission. They may apply for consideration under this scheme by completing the section on Achievements in the online application form.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement for Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Schools and Privately-Funded Institutions (PFIs)
All students, regardless of nationality, from Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) and School of The Arts, Singapore (SOTA), and students (except for International Students) from ACS (International), Singapore, St Joseph’s Institution International and Hwa Chong International School must fulfil any one of the following minimum requirements:
- a pass in MTL ‘B’ at Standard Level or Higher Level at IB Diploma; or
- a grade D7 for Higher MTL at 'O' Level; or
- a pass in MTL 'B' or a grade S for General Studies in Chinese or H1 MTL or H2 MTLL at 'A' Level; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-in-lieu or MTL-exemption.
Students who have not satisfied the requirement above may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be required to attain the MTL within the period of their University study.
Tuition Grant (TG) Eligibility for Current or Former Students of NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, Poly-FSI, SIT, NAFA-RCM and LASALLE-Goldsmiths
Under the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) TG policy, subsidised full-time undergraduate students who transfer or re-admit within or across NTU (Nanyang Technological University), NUS (National University of Singapore), SMU (Singapore Management University), SUTD (Singapore University of Technology & Design), Poly-FSI (Polytechnic-Foreign Specialised Institution), SIT (Singapore Institute of Technology), NAFA-RCM (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts-Royal College of Music) or LASALLE-Goldsmiths (LASALLE College of the Arts-Goldsmiths College) are eligible for TG up to the normal programme duration for the new programme less the number of semesters of TG received for the previous programmes. E.g. a student who has availed 2 semesters of TG in his previous programme is therefore eligible for 4 semesters of TG (starting from Semester 1) for his new programme with a normal duration of 6 semesters.
Students who hold/obtain a degree or higher qualification through subsidy or sponsorship by the Singapore Government will NOT be eligible for TG to pursue a second programme of the same or lower level.
Learn more about Tuition Grant.
[back to top]
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit application form
- Step 2: Pay application fee
- Step 3: Submit supporting documents
- Step 4: Update/track progress of application
Step 1: Submit Application Form
Application is done online by submitting an electronic application form during application period. You are required to submit only one (1) electronic application form.
To apply, click on the 'Submit an Application' link located at the Quick Links box above. Preview your completed application form and print a copy for your own reference before you click the Submit button.
Your online application has been submitted successfully if
- an Application Tracking Page showing your application number and summary of application items required to be completed by you is generated, and
- an acknowledgment of your application is forwarded to the email address(es) you have provided in the online application form.
Take note of the unique application number assigned to you and keep the acknowledgement message as proof of application.
At the Application Tracking Page, you may proceed to complete the application items required. You will be able to access and view the same page again and continue to complete the necessary items via the Check Status link using your application number and password you created during application. Applicants who wish to apply for Scholarships may proceed to submit an application at the Scholarships Application menu on the Application Tracking Page.
Please note that your application cannot be processed until the application fee and required supporting documents are received within the stipulated deadlines.
To apply, click on the 'Submit an Application' link located at the Quick Links box above.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
Payment can be made using one of the following methods:
- Internet Payment by VISA or MasterCard at the Application Tracking Page via the Check Status link
- Bank draft payment made payable to 'Nanyang Technological University'
- Via DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore
- Cash payment at the NTU Cashier
Read the payment instructions available at the Application Tracking Page and decide on your preferred and appropriate payment option. Learn more about the payment modes and instructions.
Step 3: Submit Supporting Documents
You are strongly encouraged to submit softcopies of documents by uploading online at the Application Tracking Page via the Check Status link or you may submit hardcopies by post or hand, unless instruction stated otherwise.
To begin submission, access the Checklist from the Supporting Documents menu at the Application Tracking Page (via the Check Status link) for the list of items required for submission, summarising as follow:
- Personal Identification:
Academic Records (in copies):
- Copy of Identity Card (front & back) for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents; Singapore Full-time National Servicemen (NSF) may provide NS Identity Card (e.g. 11B) along with passport particular page or birth certificate.
- Copy of Passport particulars page for international applicants or copy of Birth Certificate/Identity Card for international applicants without passport
- IB Diploma transcript/electronic result slip OR forecast results/high school academic records to date
- High School leaving certificate (if applicable)
- Junior/Secondary School examination results & leaving certificate (if applicable)
- Mother Tongue subject & grade & approval letter from MOE if any (if applicable)
- University academic transcripts (if applicable)
- TOEFL, SAT I, IELTS or PTE Academic (if applicable)
To submit your documents, use one of the following methods but not both:
- Softcopy submission (by Uploading Online)
To upload your documents to the Checklist, take note of the following:
Hardcopy submission (by Post or Hand Delivery)
- Ensure that the scanned files are in Winword (insert image file, copy & paste is not acceptable) or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item. Each upload should not exceed 5 MB.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Ensure that all items listed under ‘Compulsory Submission’ are uploaded.
- After complete uploading, click on the ‘Confirm’ button at the bottom of the page to declare complete uploading of documents. Only complete applications will be processed.
- If you are awaiting actual IB results, you must also click the ‘Confirm’ button after the upload of your available documents.
- If you are sitting/have sat for the November IB examination and results are not yet available, upload later at Check Status link under "Provide Actual Results" latest by the closing date of 8 April.
- If you are sitting for the May IB examination, upload later at Check Status link under "Provide Actual Results" within 3 days once available.
Note: Ensure that you have uploaded ALL required/available documents BEFORE you click the ‘Confirm’ button as you will not be able to access the Checklist again once the button is clicked.
Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
At the Application Tracking Page, print out a copy of the Checklist to be used as the Cover Page of your supporting documents. Write your application number on the top right-hand corner of your documents and on the top left-hand corner of the envelope, arrange your documents in the order of the Checklist. Your documents should reach us no later than one week after the closing date of application. DO NOT submit original documents.
In addition, you should proceed to grant NTU the access to your official results via the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) website.
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the uploading feature (except for the additional documents required for the Art, Design & Media (ADM) programme) as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application.
Submission of Application Documents for Art, Design & Media Programme:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your programme choices. The Checklist must be printed as the cover for the submission and the required materials must be hand delivered, or sent by courier service or using standard mail to reach us within 1 week after the closing date of application for admission. Online uploading is not applicable. Online uploading is not applicable. Work sent by email attachment is not acceptable.
Please refer to the NTU School of Art, Design & Media website for specific submission instructions and details.
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme:
Applicants who have chosen Medicine as their choice will be required to complete their application and upload the additional supporting documents required by the programme at the Application Tracking Page (via the Check Status link). (See Step 4 Item 8 below for more information.)
Step 4: Update/Track Progress of Application
By accessing or re-login to the Application Tracking Page (via the Check Status link) you can:
- Pay your application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents.
- View and Check your application fee payment status and supporting documents submission status.
- View and Make Changes to your programme choices before the application closing date.
- View and Update your contact information before the application closing date.
- For changes in contact after the closing date, please update us via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important you update any change in your contact information for proper communication with the University.
- Submit scholarship application before closing date.
- Provide actual results (if you did not provide earlier in your application form).
- If you are sitting for the November 2012 IB Examination, key in your actual results AND upload your softcopy of results before the closing date under the 'Provide Actual Results' item.
- If you are sitting for the May 2013 IB Examination, key in your actual results AND upload your softcopy of results under the 'Provide Actual Results' item no later than 3 days after the release date.
(Electronic result slip downloaded from official IBO website is acceptable.) In addition, you should grant NTU the access to your official results via the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) website.
- Complete application for the LKCMedicine programme (for applicants who have chosen Medicine as their choice) by
- Revising/Confirming BMAT Number and Personal Statement
- Uploading Official Testimonials from School including Co-curricular Accomplishments
- Completing two online References
- Performing Criminal Records Declaration
Note: If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April.
- Check your application outcome/status.
- If you are sitting for the May 2013 IB Examination, the outcome will be available within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. No provisional offer prior to submission of actual results will be made.
Offer & Acceptance [back to top]
After release of application result, you may proceed to accept and secure your offer online.
If you are not offered your choice of programme, you may make an appeal during the online appeal exercise. If successful, proceed to accept the new offer online.
After Acceptance [back to top]
If you have accepted the offer and are matriculating in the Academic Year 2012-13, please proceed to complete the enrolment procedures as displayed on the NTU Online Acceptance Form.
You are to refer to the detailed instructions and procedures, and make use of the forms provided in the Freshmen Admission Handbook.
Click on the relevant link below for a summary of the specific enrolment procedures applicable to you
Note to successful applicants (Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents serving full-time national service) matriculating only after the Academic Year 2012-13:
If you are matriculating only after Academic Year 2012-13, you will receive an acknowledgement letter in September/October (of the year of acceptance) for the programme you have accepted.
Keep the letter as proof of acceptance and remember your application number for future correspondence. A confirmation letter will be sent to you subsequently in December prior to the year of your matriculation. If there is a change in your mailing address, please update us, quoting your application number, via email to email@example.com.
Important Dates and Deadlines to Note:
|Application for Admission
1 October 2012
- 1 April 2013
||Change of programme choices
by 1 April 2013
Update of contact
1. at Application Tracking Page
2. via email/letter
1. by 1 April 2013
2. from 2 April 2013
||Payment of application fee
by 8 April 2013
||Submission of supporting documents
by 8 April 2013
||Submission of Art, Design & Media (ADM) assignments
by 8 April 2013
||Completion of Application for LKCMedicine programme
1. Update/Submission of Personal Statement
2. Upload of Official Testimonials from School
3. Criminal Records Declaration
4. Submission of two Online References
1. by 1 April 2013
2. by 1 April 2013
3. by 1 April 2013
4. by 4 April 2013
by 1 April 2013
||Submission of photograph and appraisal form
by 8 April 2013
|Offer and Acceptance
||Offer/Release of application result
from April 2013
||Acceptance of offer
from 2 January 2013
||Online appeal of application result
15 May – 2 June 2013
Click here for details
||Qualifying English Test (QET)
Click here for details
||Freshmen Welcome Ceremony
Click here for details
TBA - To be announced
For admissions matters and enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Click here for FAQs on IB Diploma.