The NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to outstanding applicants from the Asian countries.
- Singapore Permanent Residents or Citizens from the Asian countries (except Singapore).
- Successful awardees should read a full-time Engineering or Science undergraduate degree programme leading to a first degree, with the exception of Biomedical Sciences & Chinese Medicine Programme, Renaissance Engineering Programme and Medicine.
- Possess outstanding Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
The NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) and all compulsory miscellaneous fees.
- Living allowance of S$6,000 per academic year.
- Annual accommodation allowance pegged at the lowest double room rate for on-campus accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance of S$200 (one-off).
- One-way air passage from home country to Singapore at the commencement of the programme and a return air passage upon completion of the programme.
- Scholarship holder is required to serve a six-year bond with the Sponsor or organisation as directed by the Sponsor, or if not so required to serve, work in a Singapore-registered company.
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or university loans.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 out of 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder's progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
The same application period for admissions applies. Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are required to submit your application for admission before submitting your application for scholarship.
- Click here to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number before the application closing date for that qualification. The scholarship application period is the same as the admission application period. Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
- After completing your application form, applicants are required to submit the following:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee's appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place between March to June.
- Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be informed via e-mail by late June. Applicants that are not shortlisted will not receive any e-mail communication.