The University Engineering Scholarship (UES) is open to Polytechnic Diploma holders from Singapore to pursue full-time Engineering or Technology-related undergraduate programmes at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD) or Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
- Open to Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate Engineering or Technology-related programme in NTU.
- Possess outstanding academic achievements (preferably Diploma with Merit) in Engineering or Technology-related courses awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
UES covers up to the normal programme duration on the condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after
- Living allowance of S$5,800 per academic year.
- Computer allowance of S$2,000 (one-off).
- Scholarship holder, on completion of the programme, will have to serve a 4-year bond working in the Engineering-related field in Singapore.
- Scholarship holder must commence their study in any full-time undergraduate programme at NTU, NUS or SIT in the same academic year of application.
- Scholarship holder may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or university loans (except for LKY-STEP Award).
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a satisfactory academic performance. The academic performance is reviewed every semester.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder's progress or behaviour has not been satisfactory.
- Scholarship holder who withdraws from the scholarship scheme voluntarily (leaving the University prematurely) will be asked to pay liquidated damages (i.e. amount received by the scholarship holder from the commencement of scholarship till its termination plus 10% compounded interest).
- Scholarship holder whose scholarships are terminated by the Ministry of Education (MOE) because of unsatisfactory performance (due to ill health or inability to cope with the course) will generally not be required to pay liquidated damages. MOE will decide on liquidated damages payable by the scholarship holder in such circumstances, if any, on a case-by-case basis.
Application opens on 5 May 2017 and closes on 26 May 2017.
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is the Secretariat for UES in AY2017/2018.
here to submit your application during the application period.
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place in June/July.
- Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be informed via e-mail in June.
Applicants that are not shortlisted will not receive any e-mail communication.