Minimum Requirement to Apply
A position rank of 90 and above in the Australia Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) and good grade in the individual subject in one of the following qualifications:
• ACT Year 12 Certificate
• New South Wales Higher school certificate (NSW HSC)
• Northern Territory Certificate of Education (NTCE)
• South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
• Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)
• Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
• Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
• Queensland Senior Certificate (QSC)
Medallists (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of International Science Olympiads Competitions in Biology (IBO), Chemistry (IChO), Physics (IPhO), Mathematics (IMO), Informatics (IOI), Astronomy (IAO) and Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) will be considered for admission more favourably to programmes related to their field of achievement. Admission to programmes not closely related to the field of achievement will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Interview may be conducted before the decision of admissions is made.
To apply, you must be in the final year of your high school or already completed your high school.
English Language Requirements
If English is not the medium of studies or learning in the high school or taken as a 2nd language, submission of IGCSE O-Level English language at first language (grade ‘A’) or IELTS (a minimum Overall 6, Writing 6) or TOEFL (a minimum of 90 - iBT) or SAT (a minimum of 1250 for redesigned SAT) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) (a minimum of 55) or ACT with Writing (a minimum of composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting) or Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) is required.
NTU Entrance Examination (NTU EE)
Required if not studied/studying in a two year full-time programme. NTU EE is on invitation only. No separate application is required. Students who have previously sat for the exam will not be invited again and the application may not be considered further.
Eligible to apply for all programmes if fulfil the minimum subject requirements of the programmes.
Applicants with results available after April of the application year will not be eligible to apply for the LKCMedicine programme and Renaissance Engineering programme.
Note that Biomedical Sciences and Chinese Medicine programme is not applicable to Citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan.
1. Admission is highly competitive, especially for non-citizens, due to limited places available. The admission point varies from year to year and between different programmes. Meeting the minimum requirements to apply does not guarantee admission to any of the programmes in NTU.
2. The primary factor in admission decision is the high school academic performance. Decision will be made with actual results only. No provisional offer will be made with preliminary results.
3. The admission decision for students who are required to sit for the NTU Entrance Examinations will be determined by their performance in the entrance examinations.
Apply for Admission
Please visit this link.