[back to top]
Estimated Living Expenses:
It is important to have a good idea of the financial costs involved over the length of your undergraduate education in NTU. Besides the
for full-time programmes, the estimated monthly cost of living is as below.
link to estimate your financial need.
|Accommodation (On-campus)||S$245 - S$425*|
|Transport, Books & Personal Expenses ||S$350|
* The estimated cost of accommodation is based on the rate of a single room or twin-sharing room.
[back to top]
The Office of Admissions & Financial Aid does not engage any 3rd party agent / organization / company to represent the university or work with any 3rd party agent / organization / company to enrol full-time undergraduate students. All undergraduate admission related correspondences, notifications and e-mails are only sent by authorised personnel from the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid. For information on applications and admissions, please e-mail to
Application to undergraduate programmes is done online at the comfort of your home or anywhere else you prefer. There is
no hard-copy application form. You will receive a confirmation email with your application number after you have successfully submitted the application form.
Types of Application Forms & Deadlines
Click on the appropriate link showing your qualification to submit an application. Only one electronic application form corresponds to your high school qualification can be submitted. Existing students with more than one acceptable high school qualifications and wish to be considered for admission with all the available qualifications should apply using the application form that shows the first qualification they have received. The University reserves the right to reject application submitted after the deadline using a wrong form.
Students with actual high school graduation / national examination results available after April will
not be eligible to apply for the LKCMedicine programme.
 A good pass in E1119 English or MUET or SAT or TOEFL or IELTS is compulsory if applying for scholarships and/or non-Engineering/non-Science programmes except Chinese programme.
 Applicants awaiting actual results are required to key in their actual results and upload their results slip online under 'Provide Actual Results' at 'Check Status' link
within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be given before the actual results are available.
 You are strongly encouraged to authorise IBO to release your results directly to NTU. Please check with your IB School Counsellor for assistance or refer to
http://www.ibo.org/informationfor/alumni/transcripts/ for details.
 You must have taken at least 4 subjects in a single sitting in 'A' (A2) Level or Cambridge Pre-U or a combination of both. Students with only 3 subjects are not precluded from applying. Such applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have re-sat for any subject in STPM may upload their revised overall STPM results even after the document submission deadline or as a supporting document for their online appeal via
Check Status link.
Pay Application fee
The application fee payable is USD30 /SGD30 (by bank draft), or SGD20 (discounted price for internet payment only) for international applicants. Fee is SGD10 for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. The fee is non-refundable and payable whether your application is ultimately successful or not. Payment by postal order (except Singapore Post postal order), electronic bank transfer or Western Union money transfer is not acceptable.
Payment may be made by one of the following methods:
Internet Payment (VISA/MasterCard).
Bank draft made payable to 'Nanyang Technological University' with name and application number written on the back of the bank draft. The original bank draft must be sent by post to NTU.
DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore only.
[back to top]
Submission of Supporting Documents
You are required to submit the required supporting documents by the deadline to complete your application. Failing which, your application will be treated as null and void. The documents required for submission can be found in the Checklist after application at the ‘Application Tracking Page’. The page can be accessed again via Check Status link. The documents include:
- Passport particulars page. Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents must provide Singapore Identity Card or NS Identity Card (along with copy of passport particular page or birth certificate if colour of IC is not reflected in NS Identity Card) if serving Full-time National Service. International applicants without passport may submit birth certificate or personal Identity Card;
- *High school results slip/certificate/Diploma, e.g. American High School Diploma and transcript, GCE 'A' Level Statement of Results & Certificate, Indonesia SMA Rapor Sekolah & SMA UAN, India Standard 12, International Baccalaureate Diploma, Malaysia STPM, Malaysia UEC, PRC Gao Kao/Gao 1, 2 & 3 results slip, Vietnam Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong (Tam Thoi);
- Secondary school results slip or certificate, e.g. GCE 'O' Level, India Standard 10, Malaysia SPM & E1119;
- University academic transcripts (for current or former university student only);
- TOEFL, SAT, IELTS or PTE Academic or ACT with Writing (if applicable);
- International Olympiad Award Certificate (if applicable).
*Students' awaiting final results should provide the actual results within 3 days after the release date. The certified copy of the result slip or results downloaded from official website should be uploaded online atCheck Status link.
Please use only one of the following methods (preferably by uploading) for submission:
1. By Uploading Online
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the uploading feature (except for the additional documents required for the Art, Design & Media (ADM) programme) as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application. Uploading of scanned image from original result slip/certificate in its original colour is acceptable. Photocopies of academic results must be certified by your school teachers/principal or any gazetted officers before uploading. You WILL NOT need to mail your documents after uploading them. Submission through email is not acceptable. If you are admitted, you will then be required to produce the original copy of the uploaded document for verification.
Please take note of the following when uploading the documents to the Checklist (contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance):
- Ensure that the documents are scanned in its original colour.
- Ensure that the scanned files are in Winword (insert image file, copy & paste is not acceptable) or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Ensure that all items listed under 'Compulsory Submission' are uploaded.
- After complete uploading, click on the 'Confirm' button at the bottom of the page to declare complete uploading of documents. Only complete applications will be processed.
- If you are awaiting final results, you must also click the 'Confirm' button after complete uploading of the available documents. Uploading of final results can be done later but within 3 days after the results release date and the link for uploading can be found at the Check Status link.
Note: Ensure that you have uploaded ALL required/available documents BEFORE you click the 'Confirm' button as you will not be able to access the Checklist again once the button is clicked.
2. By Post or Hand Delivery
If you are unable to upload the required documents, please print the Checklist, clip as cover page of your documents for submission to the following address. You should write your application number on the top right hand corner of all documents and top left hand corner of the envelope. All academic results must be certified by your school teachers/principal or any gazetted officers before posting. DO NOT send original certificates and documents.
Office of Admissions & Financial Aid
Nanyang Technological University
Student Services Centre, Level 3
42 Nanyang Avenue
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme
You are required to complete the following at 'Tracking Page' after submitting the online application form. You may access the page again through the Check Status link.
- Forward to two referees, the instructions to complete the online appraisal report, no later than 3 working days after the application closing date.
- Complete the detailed Criminal Records Declaration.
Submission of Application Documents for Art, Design & Media Programme:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your choices of study. The Checklist (this is a separate Checklist, printable at Check Status link, under items - Additional Supporting Documents for Art, Design & Media programme) must be printed as the cover for the submission and the required materials must be hand delivered, or sent by courier service or using standard mail to reach us within 1 week after the closing date of application for admission. No work will be accepted if sent by email attachment.
Please refer to the NTU School of Art, Design & Media website for specific submission instructions and details.
[back to top]
Check Status link, you are able to:
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents.
- Pay application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Check your documents submission status, application fee payment status.
- Update choices of your programmes, your contact information.
- Submit scholarship online application form.
- Check application outcome.
We do not email an applicant on receipt of the supporting documents. Applicants are required to track their submission online.
Do note that the application outcome is estimated to be released during the period stated in 'Estimated Application Outcome' column.
TBA - To be announced
 If your actual A Level results are released in August 2017, the outcome will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of your actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 day from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 The outcome of IB Diploma applicants sitting for May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 The outcome of HKDSE applicants sitting for Apr/May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April. If you did not receive an invitation for the MMI in early April, it will deem that your application for the Medicine programme is unsuccessful.
[back to top]
After Acceptance: If you are matriculating in Academic Year 2016-17, proceed to complete the enrolment procedures as displayed in the
online acceptance link and click on the relevant link below for the summary of the admission procedures applicable to you.
Please ensure that your contact numbers and
email address are valid. If there is any change, please inform via
firstname.lastname@example.org immediately as various confirmations such as Hall allocation notifications will be sent to you via email only.
Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents (serving full-time national service)
matriculating after Academic Year 2016-17 will receive an acknowledgement email in September/October of the acceptance. A confirmation email will be sent subsequently in
December prior to the year of matriculation. If there is a change in your email, please update us, quoting your application number, via email to
[back to top]
Verification of Original Documents
The exercise will be conducted in the first semester of study, sometime in mid-September/ early October. All matriculated students with provision of international qualifications during application are required to appear for the exercise, regardless of their nationality.
Details on the date and venue for the verification will be sent to student's NTU email account closer to the verification period.
The University reserves the right to expel students who fail to report for the exercise or unable to produce the original documents provided at application or the official Certificate/Transcript/Result slip.