Admission to AY2013-14 Undergraduate Programmes
[back to top]
You must have completed at least 12 years of general education or will be taking High School national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
Submission of IELTS, TOEFL, SAT1 and Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) scores are optional except for students with PRC Gao Kao qualification (i.e. students who will be taking Gao Kao in June 2013 and those who have already taken Gao Kao). Only scores obtained in the 2 years leading up to the application deadline will be considered.
Minimum Subject Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, you must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements for the programmes you apply. Check the minimum subject requirements
of the programme you wish to apply.
NTU Entrance Examinations
Applicants with qualifications as deemed fit by the university may be required to sit for an NTU Entrance Examination before a final decision on admission can be made. Please click here for more information.
Applicants from PRC
Eligible students may apply to NTU via the Ameson Chinese Elite Identification Scheme (ACEIS).For more information on the ACEIS, please visit http://aceis.ameson.org/.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
It is important to have a good idea of the financial costs involved over the length of your undergraduate education in NTU. Besides the Tuition fee
and Miscellaneous fee
for full-time programmes, the estimated monthly cost of living is as below:
||$195 - $230|
||$300 - $400|
|Transport, Books & Personal Expenses
||$100 - $250|
Application to undergraduate programmes is done online at the comfort of your home or anywhere else you prefer. There is no hard-copy application form. You will receive a confirmation email with your application number after you have successfully submitted the application form.
Types of Application Forms & Deadlines
Click on the appropriate link showing your qualification to submit an application. Only one electronic application form can be submitted. Students with more than one acceptable qualifications and wish to be considered for admission with all the available qualifications should apply using the application form that shows the first qualification they have received.
 E1119 English certificate and MUET (STPM only) is compulsory for scholarships application and if you are applying for
non-Engineering/non-Science programmes except Chinese programme.
 Applicants awaiting actual results are required to key in their actual results and upload their results slip online under
‘Provide Actual Results’ at ‘Check Status’ link within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be given
before the actual results are available.
 You are encouraged to authorise NTU to obtain your results online at IBO website. Please check with your school’s
 You must have taken at least 4 ‘A’ (A2) Level subjects in a single sitting. Students with only 3 ‘A’ Level subjects are not precluded from applying. Such applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Pay Application fee
The application fee payable is USD30 /SGD30 (by bank draft), or SGD20 (discounted price for internet payment only) for international applicants. Fee is SGD10 for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. The fee is non-refundable and payable whether your application is ultimately successful or not. Payment by postal order (except Singapore Post postal order), electronic bank transfer or Western Union money transfer is not acceptable.
Payment may be made by one of the following methods:
- Internet Payment (VISA/MasterCard).
- Bank draft made payable to 'Nanyang Technological University' with name and application number written on the back of the bank draft. The original bank draft must be sent along with the Checklist.
- DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore only.
- Cash payment at NTU Cashier.
Submission of Supporting Documents:
You are required to submit the required supporting documents by the deadline to complete your application.
Failing which, your application will be treated as null and void. Please use only one of the following methods (preferably by uploading) for submission:
- By Uploading Online
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the uploading feature (except for the additional documents required for the Art, Design & Media (ADM) programme) as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application. Uploading of scanned image from original result slip/certificate is acceptable. Photocopies of academic results must be certified by your school teachers/principal or any gazetted officers before uploading. You WILL NOT need to mail your documents after uploading them. Submission through email is not acceptable.If you are admitted, you will then be required to produce the original copy of the uploaded document for verification.
The documents required for submission can be found in the Checklist after application. The documents include:
- Passport particulars page. Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents must provide Singapore Identity Card or NS Identity Card if serving Full-time National Service. International applicants without passport may submit birth certificate or personal Identity Card;
- *High school results slip/certificate/Diploma, e.g. American High School Diploma and transcript, GCE ‘A’ Level Statement of Results & Certificate, Indonesia SMA Rapor Sekolah & SMA UAN, India Standard 12, International Baccalaureate Diploma, Malaysia STPM, Malaysia UEC, PRC Gao Kao/Gao 1, 2 & 3 results slip, Vietnam Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong (Tam Thoi);
- Secondary school results slip or certificate, e.g. GCE ‘O’ Level, India Standard 10, Malaysia SPM & E1119;
- Official high school testimonial (compulsory if applying for Medicine programme);
- University academic transcripts (for current or former university student only);
- TOEFL, SAT1, IELTS or PTE Academic (if applicable);
- International Olympiad Award Certificate (if applicable).
*Students’ awaiting final results should provide the actual results within 3 days after the release date. The certified copy of the results slip or results downloaded from official website should be uploaded online at Check Status link.
To upload your documents to the Checklist, please take note of the following:
- Ensure that the scanned files are in Winword (insert image file, copy & paste is not acceptable) or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Ensure that all items listed under ‘Compulsory Submission’ are uploaded.
- After complete uploading, click on the ‘Confirm’ button at the bottom of the page to declare complete uploading of documents. Only complete applications will be processed.
By Post or Hand Delivery
- If you are awaiting final results, you must also click the ‘Confirm’ button after complete uploading of the available documents. Uploading of final results can be done later but within 3 days after the results release date and the link for uploading can be found at the Check Status link.
Note: Ensure that you have uploaded ALL required/available documents BEFORE you click the ‘Confirm’ button as you will not be able to access the Checklist again once the button is clicked.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Office of Admissions & Financial Aid
Nanyang Technological University
Student Services Centre, Level 2
42 Nanyang Avenue
If you are unable to upload the required documents, please print the Checklist, clip as cover page of your documents for submission to the address above. You should write your application number on the top right hand corner of all documents and top left hand corner of the envelope. DO NOT send original certificates and documents.
Application for LKCMedicine Programme
You are required to complete the following at ‘Tracking Page’ after submitting the online application form. You may access the page again through the Check Status link.
- Upload official Testimonial from school. It should also include your co-curricular accomplishments;
- Forward to two referees, the instructions to complete the online appraisal report, within 10 days of your admissions application.
- Complete the detailed Criminal Records Declaration.
Submission of Application Documents for Art, Design & Media Programme:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your choices of study. The Checklist must be printed as the cover for the submission and the required materials must be hand delivered, or sent by courier service or using standard mail to reach us within 1 week after the closing date of application for admission. No work will be accepted if sent by email attachment.
Please refer to the NTU School of Art, Design & Media website for specific submission instructions and details.
At this Check Status link, you are able to:
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents.
- Pay application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Check your documents submission status, application fee payment status.
- Update choices of your programmes, your contact information.
- Submit scholarship online application form.
- Check application outcome.
Do note that the application outcome is estimated to be released during the period stated in 'Estimated Application Outcome' column.
TBA - To be announced
 If your actual A Level results are released in August 2013, the outcome will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of your actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 day from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 The outcome of IB Diploma applicants sitting for May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 The outcome of HKDSE applicants sitting for Apr/May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April.
After Acceptance: [back to top] If you are matriculating in Academic Year 2013-14, proceed to complete the enrolment procedures as displayed in the online acceptance link and click on the relevant link below for the summary of the admission procedures applicable to you.
Please ensure that your contact numbers and email address are valid. If there is any change, please inform via email@example.com immediately as various confirmations such as Hall allocation notifications will be sent to you via email only.
Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents (serving full-time national service) matriculating after Academic Year 2013-14 will receive an acknowledgement letter in September/October of the acceptance. A confirmation letter will be sent subsequently in December prior to the year of matriculation. If there is a change in your mailing address, please update us, quoting your application number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.