The Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU.
Who is eligible?
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- You must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor's level
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
Coverage and award terms
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of $3,200*
- Conference allowance up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year).
- One-time IT allowance of $1500
- Annual grant of $500 for journal subscription or book purchase
- Thesis preparation allowance
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation
* With effect from 1 August 2015, students will receive the following monthly stipend
- Singapore Citizens - $3,500
- Singapore Permanent Residents - $3,200
- International students - $3,000
The application for Academic Year 2018-2019 (August 2018 and January 2019) will open from 01 October to 30 November 2017. Please apply at this link.
For applicants to NIE, please be informed that applications will be opened from 01 October to 30 November 2016. You may apply directly via NIE's website at https://isaac.nie.edu.sg/Account/ApplicantLogOn
If you have enquiries about the Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship, please email to Admissions Research (Admission_Research@ntu.edu.sg).