The Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU.
Who is eligible?
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- You must have a Honours (Highest Distinction) or equivalent at Bachelor's level
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a Honours (Highest Distinction) degree or equivalent
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
Coverage and award terms
- The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
|||Singapore Citizen1||Singapore Permanent Resident||International Student2|
|Conference Allowance||Up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year) |
|IT Allowance|| One time allowance of $1,500 |
|Journal subscription or book purchase||Annual grant of $500 |
One time allowance of $600
It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal.
1With effect from 1 August 2015, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
2International Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP). Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents may perform GAP at the discretion of the schools.
- This award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation.
The application for Academic Year 2021-2022 (August 2021 and January 2022) will open from 01 October to 31 December 2020. Please apply at this link.
For applicants to National Institute of Education (NIE), please be informed that applications will be opened from 01 October to 30 November 2020. You may apply directly via NIE's website at https://isaac.nie.edu.sg/Account/ApplicantLogOn
If you have enquiries about the Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship, please email to Admissions Research (Admission_Research@ntu.edu.sg).