GEM Trailblazer is a unique Asian adventure featuring classroom, laboratory, or career learning in cosmopolitan Singapore. Nanyang Technological University, a truly global institution with over 8000 international students, offers you with a diverse and enriching array of programmes and a wealth of opportunities – all on a vibrant garden campus.
Whether you are interested in business, social sciences, arts and humanities, or engineering and the sciences, you will be networking with some of the brightest minds and talents from around the world.
For more details, please read our GEM Trailblazer Information Sheet.
Below is a summary of some important pointers to note while you learn more about GEM Trailblazer:
Make NTU your choice-destination for exchange!
In order to take part in GEM Trailblazer, you must:
- be registered as a full-time, matriculated student with one of our exchange partners
- have completed at least two semesters (one full year) in your home university, with proof of results
- be nominated by your home university to go on exchange with NTU
- be proficient in the English language (as all of our courses are taught in English, excluding language courses)
- be of any nationality except Singaporean*
* Singaporean students who are studying in overseas universities will not be allowed to exchange in NTU as it is not in the spirit of exchange.
If you are a student at a university that is not one of NTU’s Exchange Partners or are a Singaporean student interested in studying in NTU, you may choose to attend as a “Fee-Paying” student. Please note that you will be required to pay all necessary tuition fees each semester.
Application Procedure and Application Deadline
Prospective candidates must apply online.
Application Deadlines for Semester 1 (Fall)
- Undergraduate: 30 March
- Postgraduate: 15 March
Application Deadlines for Semester 2 (Spring)
- Undergraduate: 30 September
- Postgraduate: 15 September
* Please note that application for AY2012-2013, Sem 2 is now closed.
Application for AY2013-2014, Sem 1 or full academic year will only be opened from 1 March 2013 onward. Please do not submit your application before 1 Mar as we are doing system update for AY2013-2014 Sem 1's application.
To expedite the process, students should have on-hand the following ready for submission:
- List of ten courses you would like to read
- Latest official transcript (signed by the Registrar and includes home university's seal) in English, reflecting all courses taken in PDF format (<600kb)
- Coloured, passport-sized photo in JPEG format (<60kb; 400(W) x 514(H) pixels)
(valid for at least 6 months from the commencement of your exchange at NTU)
Click here for the photo guidelines.
- Scanned copy of the passport information page in JPEG format (<200kb)
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in PDF format (<600kb; applicable for students on Research and Work Exchange only)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate in PDF format (for postgraduates only)
NO MAILING of original documents is required.