In order to take part in GEM Trailblazer programme, you must:
- be registered as a full-time, matriculated student with one of our recognised exchange partners.
- have completed at least two semesters (one full year) in your home university, with proof of results
- be nominated by your home university to go on exchange with NTU
- be of any nationality except Singaporean*
- be proficient in the English language
* Singaporean students who are studying in overseas universities will not be allowed to exchange in NTU.
Note: Students who are pursuing a Master's degree at their home university but have yet to attain any Bachelor's degree, shall be classified and apply as an undergraduate student.
If you are a student at a university that is not one of NTU’s exchange partners, you may choose to attend NTU as a fee-paying student. Please note that you will be required to pay all necessary tuition fees each semester. You may find more information here.
Whilst we do not require the proof of English proficiency of your students, we shall deem that students nominated are suitable to come on exchange and would be able to cope with the rigorous curriculum conducted in English at NTU.
Based on our requirements, please refer below as a guideline for a student to cope with studying at NTU:
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination (sat in 2007 onwards): A, B, C, D, E
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination (sat in 2006 or earlier): A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6
- IELTS: a minimum of 6 for the Writing sub-test
- TOEFL: a minimum of 570 (paper) or 90 (internet) or 237 (computer)
- SAT1: a minimum of 600 for the Verbal section; or 7 for the Essay section
- IB: a minimum of 4 for Higher Level English or 4 for Standard Level English
- MUET: Band 6 and a minimum of 50 for writing
- GEPT: High intermediate Stage 2 consisting of writing and speaking modules (applies to students from Taiwan universities only)