What is LEaRN
The Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking programme @ NTU (TF LEaRN @ NTU) serves to provide a total experiential learning platform for the talented young leaders of the future from Asia, an opportunity to immerse a semester at NTU.
This total experiential learning platform is achieved through the amalgamation of semester course work, community service learning and host family experience in Singapore.
Asian undergraduate students selected to participate in the TF LEaRN Programme @ NTU will develop a strong sense of cross-cultural intelligence, gain a global mindset with sustained network of friends for regional networking among the development of Asia.
Click here to find out more about the programme (activities, projects & requirements).
Applicants should possess the following:
- Be nationals of member countries of Asia (except Singapore) to pursue a semester of coursework studies at NTU.
- Be full-time undergraduates of NTU partner universities.
- Have completed at least 2 semesters of study in home university.
- Have good academic performance (minimum GPA of 3.5).
- Be proficient in English.
- Hold leadership positions in co-curricular activity clubs and/or involved in community service as evidenced from participation in activities and projects.
Non-native English speakers must have a minimum level of proficiency in English to be able to study at the Nanyang Technological university. Students are expected to fulfill any of the following:
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination (sat in 2007 onwards): A, B, C, D, E
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Examination (sat in 2006 or earlier): A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6
- IELTS: a minimum of 6 for the Writing sub-test
- TOEFL: a minimum of 570 (paper) or 90 (internet) or 237 (computer)
- SAT1: a minimum of 600 for the Verbal section; or 7 for the Essay section
- IB: a minimum of 4 for Higher Level English or 4 for Standard Level English
- MUET: Band 6 and a minimum of 50 for writing
- GEPT: High intermediate Stage 2 consisting of writing and speaking modules (applies to students from Taiwan universities only)
This award will help to cover full tuition, hostel fees at NTU, airfares and living allowance for the entire immersion stint of one semester at NTU in Singapore.
NTU hall residence will be arranged for TF LEaRN @ NTU recipients from partner universities in Asia.