Do read and understand the contents on How to Apply webpage before you begin the application process.
Please use only Window Explorer as the web browser to access all NTU web pages.
From 1 June 2018 onwards, Research application will charge an application fee of S$53.50 (inclusive of GST). Payment can be made online before submitting application by VISA/Mastercard.
Please ensure that application fee is made to the correct Research Application Number (eg R18xxxxx).
- Applications without application fee will not be processed.
- Each application is chargeable at S$53.50.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- We do not accept cash/cheques / bankdrafts.
- For applicants who encounter "Pending" status after online payment, please check again after 3 working days.
- Applications not following the above guidelines will be deemed invalid and will not be processed. No further notification will be sent to these applicants.
- Applicants are to submit their application fee within two months from the date of application submission.
- Applications will be deemed invalid if payment is not made by the stipulated deadline.
- Applicants will have to re-apply once the previous application has been deemed as invalid.
You may click here to check Status of application and payment.
Fully Digital Application Portal
Complete set of supporting documents (must be legible) have to be uploaded via the fully digital application portal for the following Schools. Do not send paper copies. Late submission could not be accepted. The School may contact applicants about additional information or documents at a later date (if required).
Please click here to apply to these research programmes:
School of Art, Design and Media (ADM)
School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE)
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE)
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
School of Humanities (SOH)
School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)
- School of Social Sciences (SSS)
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)
- Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI)
After you have submitted your digital application, the system will email to your academic referees for their recommendations. Upon the submission of online recommendations by your referees, the system will match them to your application and send the e-package to the School.