Admission to AY2021-22 Undergraduate Programmes
Apply Now |
Check Status |
Accept Offer |
Obtain Matric Number
NTU Admissions FAQs for Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent institution holders in Singapore
Admission and scholarship applications can be completed fully via online. Shortlisted applicants who are unable to participate in any admissions tests or interviews should contact the schools directly for alternative arrangements. For other requests, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
[back to top]
You are a Polytechnic Diploma Holder or a Final Year Student from a local Polytechnic or equivalent institution in Singapore.
- You should have a relevant diploma from a local polytechnic or a recognised institution in Singapore (see List of Acceptable Diplomas below).
- You are only eligible to apply for admission if you have
graduated from the diploma before the commencement of the new Academic year.
- If you have a Diploma with Merit or Diploma with Distinction, you may apply for any programme in NTU, regardless of your diploma (except for LKCMedicine Programme).
- If you are a graduating student at one of the local polytechnics, you may apply with your cumulative first 5 semester results. If you meet the admissions criteria, you will receive an offer. You are still required to submit your final semester results as a proof that you have graduated from the diploma course.
- If you are a
graduating student with results from 4 semesters only (due to exchange, internship, etc), you may apply with your cumulative 4 semesters results, first. You are required to submit your final 2 semester results as soon as they are available.
You are presenting a diploma from
One of the five local polytechnics in Singapore namely:
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
LASALLE College of the Arts
National Institute of Early Childhood Development
Institute of Technical Education (Work-Study Diploma [WSDip])
Singapore Sports School – Auckland University of Technology (Diploma in Sports Management & Exercise Science only)
National Institute of Education (eligible for Arts/Science (Education) programme only)
Computation of University Score
Applicants will be assessed based on their polytechnic results and any other academic or non-academic achievements presented for admission. Applicants may also be assessed by other additional means, such as interviews and tests.
Applicants are required to submit the Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'O' Level results, if available, to fulfil the subject requirements for selected programmes where applicable.
Additional Subject Requirements
Some programmes may have additional subject requirements:
- Applicants for Nanyang Business School programmes
Mathematics skills are essential for entry into Nanyang Business School (NBS).
Polytechnic applicants are therefore required to take a NTU Mathematics elective upon admission to NBS if
- Applicants do not have ‘O’ level Additional Mathematics
- Grade obtained for ‘O’ level Additional Mathematics is C6 or below
Successful polytechnic applicants who do not meet the minimum Mathematics requirement above will be advised on the registration for the Mathematics elective upon matriculation into the University.
- Applicants for other NTU undergraduate degree programmes
Please refer to the footnote under the
Interactive List of Relevant Diploma for details on the additional subject requirements for the respective degree programmes.
Interactive List of Relevant Diploma
here to find out more information on the programmes that you can apply for based on your diploma.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the
special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
Aptitude-based Admissions (ABA)
Aptitude-based Admissions (ABA) take into account students' passions, interests and strengths. Applicants with exceptional talents and/or outstanding achievements beyond schools’ co-curricular activities can be considered, subject to a minimum level of academic competence, for admissions under ABA. Academic grades of relevant subjects may be an indication of aptitude as well. Applicants are encouraged to provide details on their achievements, an essay of not more than 500 words under ABA section of the application form and submit at least 1 (maximum 2) appraisal online to support their applications. Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend an interview and present relevant supporting documents for verification upon request.
To learn more about Aptitude-based Admissions, click
Adult Learners Scheme
The Adult Learners Scheme (ALS) is an alternative pathway for working adults to apply for admission into NTU full-time undergraduate programme. We recognise the value that adult learners bring to the classroom with their work and life experiences that will enrich the diversity of our undergraduates. This scheme will take into account applicants' work experiences and professional achievements alongside their academic qualifications in the selection process.
To be eligible for Adult Learners Scheme, applicants must:
- be a Singaporean Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) throughout the duration of study.
- be at least 25 years old in the year of matriculation.
- Possess at least 4 years of working experience (full-time national service may be included if relevant to the programme applied for).
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an interview.
Tuition Grant (TG) Eligibility for Current or Former Students of NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, Poly-FSI, SIT, NAFA-RCM and LASALLE-Goldsmiths
Under the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) TG policy, subsidised full-time undergraduate students who transfer or re-admit within or across NTU (Nanyang Technological University), NUS (National University of Singapore), SMU (Singapore Management University), SUTD (Singapore University of Technology & Design), Poly-FSI (Polytechnic-Foreign Specialised Institution), SIT (Singapore Institute of Technology), NAFA-RCM (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts-Royal College of Music) or LASALLE-Goldsmiths (LASALLE College of the Arts-Goldsmiths College) are eligible for TG up to the normal programme duration for the new programme less the number of semesters of TG received for the previous programmes. E.g. a student who has availed 2 semesters of TG in his previous programme is therefore eligible for 4 semesters of TG (starting from Semester 1) for his new programme with a normal duration of 6 semesters.
Students who hold/obtain a degree or higher qualification through subsidy or sponsorship by the Singapore Government will NOT be eligible for TG to pursue a second degree programme of the same or lower level.
If you have graduated from a part-time undergraduate degree programme awarded by then-SIM University and was enrolled in the degree programme between 2001 to 2008, please contact us at
email@example.com for more details on tuition fees.
Learn more about
Admission Procedures: [back to top]
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit application form
- Step 2: Pay application fee
- Step 3: Submit supporting documents
- Step 4: Update/track progress of application
Step 1: Submit application form
Application to undergraduate programmes is done online by submitting an electronic application form during the application period. You are required to submit only one (1) electronic application form. There is no hard-copy application form.
Implied choice scheme. Applicants choosing any programme with a second major will also be considered for its corresponding programme with no second major, in a manner succeeding any of the 1st to 5th choices if selected in the application form, and if they have not been earlier selected as one of the five choices. For example, an applicant indicated 1st choice Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering with a second major in Food Science & Technology, 2nd choice Mechanical Engineering and no other choices; he will be considered for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering with a second major in Food Science & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, followed by Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. If the applicant wishes to be considered for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering over Mechanical Engineering, he should therefore indicate Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering as the second choice. To find out more about this scheme, click
Your online application has been submitted successfully if
- an Application Status Menu showing your application number and a summary of application items required to be completed by you is generated, and
- an acknowledgment of your application is forwarded to the email address(es) you have provided in the online application form. Please provide a valid email address as you will be notified of your application outcome through email. You are strongly encouraged to add
firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted email address to avoid our emails going to the spam/junk email folder. For Hotmail account users, click
here for the steps.
Take note of the unique application number assigned to you and keep the acknowledgement message as proof of application.
At the Application Status Menu, you may proceed to complete the application items required. You will be able to access and view the same page again and continue to complete the necessary items via the Check Status link above using your application number and password. Applicants who wish to apply for Scholarships may proceed to submit an application via the Application Status Menu. Applicants selecting Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices are also required to submit the "Application for Teacher
" form via online to MOE.
Please note that your application cannot be processed until the application fee and required supporting documents are received within the stipulated deadlines.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
Application Fee is S$10. Payment can be made using one of the following methods:
- Internet Payment by VISA or MasterCard at the Application Status Menu
- Via DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore
- Via cashier's order/bank draft made payable to 'Nanyang Technological University' and mailed to
Office of Admissions
Read the payment instructions available at the Application Status Menu and decide on your preferred and appropriate payment option. Learn more about the
payment modes and instructions
To understand how to generate Bill Reference Number for payment via DBS/POSB ATM, please click
for the screenshots.
Step 3: Submit Supporting Documents.
The documents required for submission (if applicable) can be found in the Checklist after application.
If there is/are no link(s) provided for you to upload the relevant documents, this means you are not required to submit any documents for verifications. If we require more information from you, we will contact you via email or your contact number.
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the uploading feature as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application.
Please refer to the sample formats by clicking on the following respective links. You are to upload the results from earliest examination date to latest examination date; i.e. from 1st semester – 6th semester (if applicable).
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
To upload your documents (if applicable) to the Checklist, please take note of the following:
- Ensure that the documents are scanned in its original colour and in the upright orientation.
- Ensure that the scanned files are in JPEG or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item. Each upload should not exceed 5 MB.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Submission of documents must be completed by the stipulated deadlines. Only complete applications will be processed.
- You will not need to mail your documents after uploading them. Submission through email is not acceptable.
- If you encounter any issues uploading your file (s) while using the Internet Explorer browser, you may wish to use other browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.
Instruction on how to upload e-transcript and/or e-cert
- Open the link through the e-cert portal.
- Do a screenshot of e-transcript (preferred to have the whole transcript in one screenshot).
- Do a screenshot of e-cert.
- Compile/Save/Print both screenshots of e-transcript and e-cert into 1 pdf file.
- Login to Check Status and upload it to the link provided.
Instructions on how to provide shared link of the supporting document for your appeal.
- Provide only relevant documents that is able to substantiate your appeal.
- Collate/Scan all pages into 1.pdf file.
- The name of the file must be your Application Number [e.g. PF0123456.pdf]
- Upload file to Google drive.
- Set the Privacy Setting: 'Anyone with the link'.
- Test the link before you paste the shared link in your write-up via the appeal portal.
Important note: No amendments to the shared link provided after submission/closing date of appeal. Do revert the Privacy Setting: "Off" after you have received your appeal outcome or by end of August.
Art, Design & Media (ADM) Programme Portfolio Submission:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your programme choices. The
must be submitted to us by the
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme:
Applicants who have chosen Medicine as their choice will be required to complete their application and upload the additional supporting documents required by the programme at the Application Tracking Page (via the
link). (See Step 4 Item 10 below for more information.)
Step 4: Update/Track Progress of ApplicationYou can log in to the Check Status link to do the following:
- Pay your application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Complete the Criminal Records Declaration. (A declaration is also required if you do not have any criminal offences/convictions.)
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents (where applicable).
- View and Check your application fee payment status and supporting documents submission status.
- View and Make Changes to your programme choices before the application closing date.
- View your contact information. For changes in contact information, please update us via email to email@example.com. It is important you update/inform any changes in your contact information for proper communication with the University.
- Update or Submit your Aptitude-based Admissions (ABA) application before closing date (if you have not applied earlier).
- Update or Submit your scholarship application before closing date (if you have not applied earlier).
- For applicants who have chosen Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices: Submit the online application for teacher form to MOE before closing date.
- For applicants who have chosen Medicine as a choice: Complete application for the LKCMedicine by
Revising/Confirming BMAT Number
Revising/Finalising Personal Statement
Submitting two online Referee Reports
Note: If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April 2021.For applicants who have chosen Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP) as a choice: Complete application for REP by
Completing the Personal Statement
Check your application outcome/status online.
Submitting one online Reference Report
Offer & Acceptance [back to top
If you are offered admission, you may proceed to accept and secure your offer via the
by the stipulated deadline.
If you are not offered admission or your choice of programme, you may make an appeal during the online appeal exercise. If successful, proceed to accept the offer with the instructions given.
After Acceptance [back to top
If you have accepted the offer and are matriculating in the Academic Year 2021-22, you will receive an e-mail from mid-June directing you to the freshmen portal which contains detailed information on enrolment. Please proceed to complete the enrolment procedures as displayed on the NTU Online Acceptance Form
You are to refer to the detailed instructions and procedures, and make use of the forms provided in the
Note to successful applicants (Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents serving full-time national service) matriculating only after the Academic Year 2021-22:
If you are matriculating only after Academic Year 2021-22, you will receive an acknowledgement letter in September (of the year of application) for the programme you have accepted.
Keep the letter as proof of acceptance and remember your application number for future correspondence. A confirmation letter will be sent to you subsequently via email in November/December prior to the year of your matriculation. Please email to
(quoting your application number) if there is a change in your mailing address, email address and telephone number(s). RNS matriculating in August 2021
You will receive an email pertaining to Health Screening in April 2021. If you are unable to matriculate in AY2021-22, click
to download the Form for Returning National Servicemen, complete and return it to us by the stipulated date.RNS matriculate in Special Term (May/June)
You will receive an email pertaining to enrolment procedures in March 2021 if you have completed your full-time National Service and wish to matriculate earlier in May/June 2021. You may click on the following for reference:
Important Dates and Deadlines to Note:
[back to top
|Application for Admission||Online Application|| 1 - 21 February 2021|
|Change of programme choices||by 21 February 2021|
|Payment of application fee||by 24 February 2021|
|||Criminal Records Declaration
(A declaration is also required if you do not have any criminal offences/convictions.)
by 21 February 2021|
|Submission of Art, Design & Media (ADM) portfolio||by 21 February 2021|
|Online application for teacher form to MOE (only applicable to applicants selecting Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices)||by 21 February 2021|
|Submission of Aptitude-based Admissions (ABA) appraisal form||by 24 February 2021|
|Online submission of supporting documents||by 24 February 2021|
|||Submission of REP Online Reference Report||by 24 February 2021|
|Completion of Application for LKCMedicine programme|
1. Update/Submission of Personal Statement
2. Submission of two Online Referee Reports
1. by 21 February 2021
2. by 24 February 2021
|Scholarship Application||Online Application||by 21 February 2021|
|Submission of photograph and appraisal form||by 28 February 2021|
|Offer and Acceptance||Offer/Release of application result||From Mid March 2021|
|Acceptance of offer (1st Window)||2 January – 24 May 2021|
|Online appeal of application result||10 May – 26 May 2021|
|Acceptance of offer (2nd Window)||1 June – 17 June 2021|
|After Acceptance||Online Matriculation||Click
here for details|
|Qualifying English Test (QET)||Click
here for details|
|Freshmen Welcome Ceremony||Click
here for details|
For admissions matters and enquiries, please email